Thursday, March 3, 2016

Three cubed



Looking over my pictures/photomontages depicting the number “3,” I noticed this one, that I changed three (three!) different times. And it just goes to show that time and experience don’t always result in a better product.

These three images were created in 2007, 2008, and 2009, and they’re in order from earliest to latest.

I apparently thought #1 was too blah, so in 2008 I revamped it. Um… NO! There’s just too much going on; I was experimenting with a lot of stuff. So then in 2009 I apparently looked at this image again, got rid of a lot of extraneous bits, and pumped up the colors. And I don’t particularly like this one, either.

I’m gravitating back to the first image, the one I initially made in 2007. Maybe if I . . . No, no, no! That was then, this is now, leave it alone and create new stuff!

Kinda like revisiting an old boyfriend. Oh, yeah, that was fun in 2007. A rocky patch in 2008 and we were trying too hard. A brief flash that fizzled out in 2009, and we both knew it was never going to work long-term. Goodbye, so long, hasta la vista, baby! But I’m still sorta attracted… Hmmm…

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!