Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Three on a bus

Even though this daily “3” practice is sort of a pain, I’m getting a lot out of it. This is a “3” I found on the side of an old bus in California in 2009. It was very faded, which was appropriate. This morning, with a bit more skill and a few more tools (plus a touch of desperation), I revisited that “3,” grunged it up a bit, and I like it even more now.

What I especially like are the THREE rivets up top, and how the darker, weathered area at the bottom acts as a sort of anchor. The “3” hovers between the two, contained, just bobbing up and down.

And now off for a very good day in Port Townsend. (Always a good day when a ferry ride is involved.) The purpose of the trip is to get some square copper nails for a project I’m working on. And I sure hope to be able to show it to you in the next few days or so. But then there are other possibilities: perhaps a quick visit to some military bunkers, maybe (and more likely) to a boat yard or two, and then there’s the library, which I hear is just spectacular. Boats, bunkers, books — what’s not to like?

And maybe, just maybe, I’ll find another “3” somewhere along the line . . .


©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!