Monday, March 14, 2016

Latest work: "Pastel Colors Calligraphy"

My daily routine begins around 4:30 a.m., and I use the next few hours to just play around with my images. What if I combine this with that? What if I rotate it? What if I introduce this particular color? What happens then? No plans, no rules, just experimentation. The result is often a delightful surprise, and that’s what happened here.

I had been photographing military bunkers on the Washington coast, looking for interesting patterns on weathered walls. I combined a number of those photos together and then added photos of torn Japanese papers from an antique screen.

The color palette is unusual, the design is simple, and I like the left-right feeling of movement that runs across the image. A good morning indeed!

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!