Friday, March 4, 2016

Numerical flotation device

For March, the third month of the year, I’m posting a “3” photo every day. Since I only have about 20-some photos at the moment, I’ve got to come up with more pretty soon, otherwise this idea will crash and burn around the third week... no pressure.

This “3” is part of a series I did called “Numerical Flotation Devices,” which is a goofy name for a goofy set of pictures, pictures that have NOT sold on Fine Art America, but that’s okay. The main thing is that I like them a lot and they are unique. My own concept, my own creation, everything. I like how colorful and bold they are, and how I created a sweep of round thingies at the bottom of each one, making me feel as though the numbers are sort of floating in water.

If you’d like to see the entire series of 10 numbers, here’s a link to the gallery at Fine Art America (also referred to now as pixels.com).

It’s studio clean-up day today. Yeah, right. We’ll see how far I get with THAT.

©Carol Leigh
All text, photographs, and other media are ©Copyright Carol Leigh (or others when indicated) and are not in the public domain and may not be used on websites, blogs, or in other media without advance permission from Carol Leigh. Thank you!